Sunday, July 15, 2012

Our contribution to the future generations

Our contribution to the future generations has lead to me to search answers for a whole lot of things.

1.Where does the dirty soap water from our washing machine go?

I have now switched to a soap powder which is both harmless to our environment and back to basics of our forefathers(Soap nuts).I have started using KRYA,which is a 
Krya FOP


a..Natural Detergent Powder made from certified organic soapberries
b. This is a 400 gm pack which will last around 40 standard 5 kg wash loads
c. Works in all types of washing machines
d. Great for hand or bucket wash as well
e. Cruelty free and vegan product (does not use any animal derived ingredient)

I intend to start making it available in my little outlet at home for my neighbours and friends.


2.My visit to a local textile shop made me ask the shopkeeper why he was not switching to Newspaper bags and Why he was using so many plastic bags??

 

Hence,have started my research on sourcing people to make Newspaper bags at the same cost as the  plastic bags.He has promised me to use Newspaper bags if I source it for the same rate Rs.1.75.I have been enquiring everywhere but they all don't seem to budge below 8 Rs.I am trying my hand at talking and getting an experienced lady to do it for Rs 2 atleast when I am ready to supply my newspaper for her.This week this is my goal.

I have slowly converted my friend,Radha to stop using plastic covers for every vegetable bought at the local veg market.Yipee.She may have stopped because of my nagging but for me it is a small beginning.


3.My love to stop using plastics and start using our bottles has made me buy this beautiful bottle where I now store my daily milk in the fridge.


I am sure that you will also appreciate my taste.


This is a bottle is from the brand named TREO.This gives one the feeling of the olden days when milk was sold in bottles.

4.I have also started storing water in this simple earthen pot which keeps it cool normally.


Water stored in this is not only cool but also tastes great.This has a smaller cup which also serves as a lid to this jug.




1 comment:

Venky said...

Great Article.. Way to go Sumi..